Open mic comedy rooms in Melbourne have returned. However, not all rooms are ‘open mic’. Many are curated, meaning you need to have your name ‘on the bill’ before getting up. So reach out (probably via Facebook) before popping down to the following comedy rooms.
(Updated August 31, 2022)
- Funny Near the Brunny, The Bergy Seltzer, 68 Sydney Road, Brunswick – 8pm (Curated)
- Red Betty Comedy, Red Betty Bar, 859a Sydney Road, Brunswick – 7pm
- Guerilla, The Resistance Bar and Cafe, 6/672 Glenferrie Road Hawthorn – 8 pm (Curated)
- The Rubber Chicken, 256 Moray Street, South Melbourne – 6.30 pm sign-up (Now open to all)
- First Friday Comedy (curated), 483 North Rd, Ormond – 8 pm (Reach out a few nights before to get on the bill).
- Fresh Friday Comedy, Club Voltaire, 1/14 Raglan St, North Melbourne – 7 pm & 9 pm (need to sign up a few days ahead via Facebook)